Friday, August 19, 2022

hey, world


hey, world, look at me
I'm someplace I'm not supposed to be
I am not lost, I am not found
instead I'm just hanging around
waiting for the sun to shine
brightly on this life of mine

hey, world, here I am
all mixed up and in a jam
somewhere where trouble won't remind me
of all the places you have found me
I'm somewhere in the great unknown
not wanting to go back home

          where am I supposed to turn
          when I've got all my lessons learned
          I know I'm none of your concern
          but can you help me?

hey, world, where do I go
when life is someplace I don't know
and all I do is look around
ears wide open for the sound
of history and mystery inside my head
it's much better than what's there instead

hey, world, look at me
I'm somewhere I'm not supposed to be
I swear every word is true
as I spend my time looking for you
and waiting for the sun to shine
brightly on this life of mine


No comments:

Post a Comment