Sunday, August 27, 2023

emotional weather


the clouds are moving in today
exactly how it should be
because sunshine and daisies
they mean nothing to me
gray skies and hiding in ponchos
are more of what is mine
in my emotional weather
it's raining all the time

I have no use for summer
and all the summer things it owns
I stay inside my apartment
and I'm always right at home
I keep the curtains drawn
my TV lights up the room
in my emotional weather
it's always doom and gloom

          I've seen blue skies
          and I think they're overrated
          darkness will fill my eyes
          with the depression I've created

I hope one day to go outside
and participate in life
my world of pain and self-pity
is not one that I like
I know the world is sad now
it's strangled and it's strange
but in my emotional weather
it's time for a change


No comments:

Post a Comment