Wednesday, August 16, 2023

oh Martha


I want to sleep like a cat
in the middle of the day
instead of working
my whole life away
oh Martha
you know it just ain't right
I've got a nose for news
and two left feet
and a story of life
that's incomplete
oh Martha
whatcha doing tonight

          oh Martha
          will you be true
          oh Martha
          everything depends on you

I howl like a dog
I'm stubborn as a mule
if I were any smarter
I'da stayed in school
oh Martha
tell me you'll be mine
I need you like
tumbleweeds need sun
I'll be there for you
when the working day's done
oh Martha
please be my valentine

          oh Martha...
        
I've got twenty dollars
and a six pack of beer
and a car to get
to there from here
oh Martha
let me into your heart
everyone tells me
I'm a crying shame
but you and I know
I'm not to blame
oh Martha
you're a work of art

          oh Martha...
          

No comments:

Post a Comment