Wednesday, August 2, 2023

someone else's house


I am staying 
at someone else's house
it is not familiar to me
I'm keeping things clean
quiet as a mouse
there's not much for you to see
I feel so strange
it looks so new
and there's no work
for me to do
but that's okay
I'll figure it out
here at someone else's house

why am I here?
I'm sure you'd like to know
I'm taking care of the place
while its folks
on vacation they did go
tourist smiles on their face
I do this
and I do that
litter boxes
for the cats
while they're gone
my friend and his spouse
I'm at someone else's house

I should throw a party
do something fun
but I don't know what to do
watch some TV
lunch has begun
kick off both my shoes
for two weeks
this will be my new home
I'll get some work done
I'll spend some time alone
that's what housesitting
is all about
here at someone else's house
here at someone else's house


No comments:

Post a Comment