Sunday, August 20, 2023

everybody needs me


everybody needs me
so they can complain
they need me to listen
so they can remain
angry and bitter
that all is so wrong
and they feel they must
pass it along

it does them no good
to keep to themselves
they must give their disease
to somebody else
and that someone is me
oh, I listen so well
I must be that person
to whom they can tell

          all the bad news to
          everything that's gone bad
          I'm so anxious now
          but I don't feel sad

instead I am angry
that they treat me this way
like I'm just a person
with nothing to say
I serve just to listen to them
moan and complain
and when they are finished
they start all over again

and me, I just sit here
helpless and bored
I think of everything
that's being ignored
one of these days
I'll get off of the phone
and begin to live
in a peaceful home


No comments:

Post a Comment