Thursday, August 31, 2023

on hold


I've been put on hold
and I can't speak with anyone yet
I've got urgent business
and it makes me really upset
so I called this number
to move the process along
but somehow everything
is turning out wrong

the music on hold
is grating to my ears
I wish there were
something else to hear
I wish someone
will answer this line soon
I've been on hold
this whole damn afternoon

please please answer
let me know you're out there
don't leave me here waiting
I need to know someone cares
I'm biting my nails
I worry all day through
and the only person who can help
is you

so someone, answer the phone
and ease my troubled mind
help me get things right
don't leave me behind
I do my best
and I do what I am told
so be a pal
don't leave me on hold


No comments:

Post a Comment