Monday, August 28, 2023

night train to Kalamazoo


I've had my share
of beer and tobacco
but since you're offering
don't mind if I do
I can't sleep on cocaine
and wine makes me wacko
and I'm on the night train
to Kalamazoo

give me good conversation
and a bottle of whiskey
I'll tell you my life story
every bit of it's true
but it is an adventure
everything was risky
now I'm on the night train
to Kalamazoo

do yourself a favor, son
find a girl and settle down
don't do what
ambition made me do
working as a salesman
moving on from town to town
now I'm riding on the night train
to Kalamazoo

well, this is my stop, boy
from here I'll take a cab
hole up in a motel room
and sleep the whole night through
order a few drinks
company pays the tab
it's better than riding the night train
to Kalamazoo


No comments:

Post a Comment