Friday, June 4, 2010

That seed of inspiration


I want to write a new song. So I'm going to have to keep my curiosity and my intuition on the prowl this weekend, or whenever I get the idea or that seed of inspiration or whatever the fuck I need to start writing a song. One thing I've learned is you can't really force there things, but it's just a fuckin' good thing to just write.

Anything?

Anything. Just writing is a good thing, even it's it's just a little while. Gotta keep those muscles movin', workin', y'know?

You've actually been writing quite a bit lately.

It feels so fuckin' good to have new songs. I'm far enough on the other songs I've been working on to be able to take on a new song. (laughs) It seems so fuckin' weird to me that I'm doing all this talking about songwriting like it's a business or a science or whatever.

Because, when it comes down to it, it's all just a mystery to me. Which, incidentally, I kinda like, y'know?

Something that makes me very proud of you, farmboy, is to see how hard you're working. I see you coming home from work when you're bone-tired and get out your guitar and play and sing. You seem really committed to your music.

You're proud of me?

Yes, farmboy.

Cool.

I really want this music stuff to be like play to a kid, you know,like it's not really work. I want it to be fun. That's not asking too much, is it?

Depends. Are you willing to put in the work?

Fuckin' yeah.

Then it's not to much to ask.

I'm glad. 'Cause this songwriting stuff is not gonna ending anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment