Friday, June 25, 2010

My best, basically


You're playing at a folk festival tomorrow!

I am! How'd you know that?

I saw your name on a poster downtown. Why didn't you tell me?

I didn't tell you?

Maybe you did. Anyway, congratulations! What are you going to play?

I'm going to play songs I wrote, except for "Train Wreck at Los Gatos (Deportee)," which is a Woody Guthrie song. The music was written by a man named Martin Hoffman. It's a beautiful melody and Woody wrote beautiful words.

Are you looking forward to it, farmboy?

Yeah. Yeah I am. This is what I've always wanted to do, play folk music festivals. I want to hear other people and see friends and have a good time and maybe get inspired or something. Music has been good to me lately. I'm in such a good mood when the music is going well and I'm being creative and stuff.

What more do you have to do?

Not much. I know what I'm gonna play. I would like to practice some more and I need to change my guitar strings. I just gotta not get nervous. I was telling you about that, wasn't I? The anxiety I feel with performing is so fuckin' dumb...

You said you were going to tell me.

Oh, man, I am so fuckin' tired of this anxiety I feel. It's all my own problem, you know, it's because I'm insecure and shit. Fuckin' pisses me off. Absolutely.

So what are you going to do tomorrow?

My best, basically. I'm volunteering at the festival doing admission and stuff, then I'm going to go home in the afternoon, go over the songs one last time, and relax and try to get my head clear.

Good idea.

Remember to breathe up there. And try to have fun.

Oh, I'm going to. I gotta not think about selling CDs and stuff like that. It's summer and good times are to be had.

And now, if you excuse me, I'm going to smoke some weed and later I'm going to eat my favorite food.

What's that?

Pad see eu. I'm hoping that's what it's called. It's this great Thai food with wide rice noodles and a spicy sauce and broccoli and I'm having beef with it, which is a real treat.

Have a great time tomorrow, farmboy. You'll be great.

Thanks, man. I'll tell you about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment