Monday, June 7, 2010

You're, like, my older friend


Hey, welcome back.

I didn't go anywhere.

I meant I just didn't hear from you for a couple of days. Are you okay, farmboy?

Oh,yeah. I'm fine. I just...time just got away from me this past weekend. Plus nothing really happened. I went to my brother's house and washed my clothes. (laughs) My life is so fuckin' exciting.

So you don't like this current lack of excitement?

Actually, I went through such a hard, depressing time earlier this year -- remember? -- that it's just fine to me. I've got too much music work to do to deal with any drama in my life right now. Right now the music stuff is easily the most important thing I got going.

I'm actually feeling good about my current lack of excitement. I worry about boring you, but the stuff that happened earlier this year really took a whole fuckin' lot out of me.

I remember. Don't ever worry about boring me.

See, the thing is, I've had therapy,you know, I've seen psychiatrists and psychologist and licenced social workers and counselors and what usually ends up happening is that I end up boring myself and I don't know what to say. I still don't get the point of therapy, which is not to say I don't get anything from it. I do. I've learned a lot about myself and how to deal with things. But I'm still not sure exactly what therapy is.

And yet you've...

Benefited from seeing these people? Yeah. I wonder if I've seen too many movies and TV shows about therapy, if that's influenced me too much. I mean, that's where I've probably seen the most of therapy, you know? That's what we all learn from, but that's entertainment. I'm not sure that's meant to be true.

It's good that you know that, that you're aware of that.

And you remember I'm not a therapist, right?

I'm not sure what the fuck you are. It's come to the point that I think of you as a friend, as -- I hope you don't take this in a bad way -- but you're, like, my older friend, the one who has experience and is helping me through my life.

I'll accept that.

Good. I do appreciate you, you know? I don't say it much.

You say it plenty, farmboy.

If that's true, I'm glad I do. 'Cause it's true, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment