Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Prove myself to myself


So, farmboy, what's on your mind today?

My older brother out in Southern California offered to buy me either a plane ticket to go to the family reunion or an air conditioner.

That's nice of him.

Oh, he's a great guy, an astounding guy. Not just for that, but for lots of stuff. He was fire chief in Ventura County, just retired. I'm very proud of him.

So...

So,,,

What's your choice?

It ain't a fuckin' air conditioner, that's for sure. I'm hoping to get up the nerve to go to my family reunion in Jamul, California.

Jamul?

Yeah, starts with a J that's sounds an H. It's east of San Diego. It's beautiful. I'll tell you more about it some time.

I'd like to hear it.

So, I'm thinking I should go to my family reunion. I'm thinking I really want to keep up these relationships with the people I love, you know. It would be nice to be more than just a name on fuckin' facebook.

So what's the hold-up?

Oh, self-doubt, you know. I should just fuckin' do it just to prove myself to myself.

Yes. You should.

I know,

Think about it seriously, will you? I'm saying this as your friend: There is nothing better that you can do than do this. And book some places to play. And make a solo CD to sell.

Jeez, you don't ask for much, do you?

How about if you think about these things. Or even just one of these things. Preferably the reunion trip, because that's an opportunity you don't want to pass up.

Okay. I'll think about this stuff.

I want you to see what you're comfortable doing, farmboy.

I'd like to see that too.



No comments:

Post a Comment