Sunday, June 13, 2010

Listen to the lyrics


My niece said today that she really really really really really really really really loves her Uncle farmboy.

Awwwww. Three years old, right?

She'll be four next month.

That's such a great age.

Hey, do you have any kids?

Do I have any kids?

Yeah. Do you have any kids?

I'm not here to talk about me. (pauses) But, well, yeah. I have a son. He's a grown man, but I still love him like he's a little kid.

Awwwww.

(laughs) I do! I can't help it. He became such a fine adult. I am so proud of him. (pauses) You two would become good friends. He's about your age.

He's so smart and talented and...hey, farmboy?

(gets quiet) Yeah...

You okay, farmboy?

(farmboy looks down at his shoes and kicks a pebble that's on the floor)

Hey...can you look me in the eyes, farmboy?

(farmboy sighs and looks up at the interviewer)

You miss your Dad, don't you?

Oh, yeah. I guess I got a little bit of fuckin' jealousy going too, to be honest. Can you believe that? Man, how fuckin' stupid can I get?

Just relax, breathe. It seems like you've got all these emotions coming from every directions. Just relax and know that everything is okay.

Really?

Yes. What's that song I've heard you sing? (sings)

Don't worry 'bout a thing
'Cause every little thing
Gonna be all right...

Bob Marley?

You need to listen to the lyrics to the songs you sing, farmboy. And there's no need to be jealous. You mean a great deal to me and I am very proud to know you.

(farmboy laughs) Awwwwwww.

It's true.

I could say the same thing about you.

(farmboy and the interviewer look at each other, and both speak at the same time)

Awwwwwww...



No comments:

Post a Comment