Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Waterloo Sunset"


Oh man, I am so tired like you wouldn't believe.

Try me.

It happens a few weeks before the summer break starts. It just all catches up with you. Then I run errands and do business and then I go home and play the guitar and I...I feel like I can barely do it, you know? Because I'm so tired. But, you know, I have to play at least some guitar a day. At that point it's maintenance playing.

So I've been taking naps and yawning a lot and being more involved with songwriting and reading less. Which is a fuckin' shame, you know? It's good to always have a song going and it's good to always have a book you're reading. Even if it's just mindless entertainment, it's still reading.

You know, when you're feeling okay, everything always ends up as writing songs.

Oh yeah, that's the way to live! I am proud of myself that I do that unconsciously. Of course, I also realize that pride is one of the seven deadly sins, right?

I wouldn't even think about that right now, farmboy. Taking pride in yourself is not something you do often. Or at least from what I've seen.

Uh, I was just trying to be funny.

Point taken.

Back to writing songs...I want to start a new one soon. I don't know what it's about or what the rhythm is or anything. I'm lookin' though.

Have you played guitar today, farmboy?

Yeah. I played my newest song and I played this great song by the Kinks called "Waterloo Sunset." Such a sad, beautiful song.

I remember that song. It's told from the point of view of someone who only observes life instead of living it.

Yeah. Maybe that's why I relate to it. (laughs)

But it's also beautiful music, a great melody and the vocals...Maybe I relate to it lyrically and musically.

Nothing wrong with that.

You fuckin' got that right.


No comments:

Post a Comment