Saturday, November 27, 2010

Homework


Oh, man, I am so fuckin' tired of not being satisfied with who I am, it just pisses me off. What am I going to do? I've always felt this way. I'm not smart enough, I'm ugly, I'm awkward, I have wasted my whole fuckin' life. I am a complete loser.

Well, say what you will, farmboy, but I disagree. On all accounts. I think you're a success...

Yeah? What do you mean?

You have worked so hard on songwriting for most of your life. You weren't even aware of it.

Ever read Malcolm Gladwell's book Outliers?

What about it?

That's you. You're an outlier. Read the book, you'll see.

I started it once and never finished it. Maybe I'll read it.

That's your homework then, to read the book.

Homework? What are you, man, a fuckin' teacher?

Well, farmboy, everyone is your teacher. So...oh, just read the book.

What do I get if I read it?

Knowledge, farmboy. But some other stuff, too. You have to read it to find out.

Okay. But I better enjoy it.

You will.

I better.



No comments:

Post a Comment