Tuesday, November 16, 2010

When it's always there


I would like to walk on the straight and narrow
but sometimes I wobble
and often I fall

How's that for a song beginning? I mean, I hope it's good. Maybe it's not the beginning. I'll find out, I guess.

It gets more and more important to me, as I get older, to write songs that are great. Seriously. I feel so conceited saying that, but it's true. They have to strive for greatness.

Saying that, you know what I need?

What's that, farmboy? What do you need?

To start another song, so I can obsess about it. (laughs) I love being obsessed by a song that's in that process, you know?

Actually,, I don't know. What process is that?

The process of when it starts being the song you work on whether you plan to or not. You know, when it's always there. In your mind, you know, endless loop. You can't help working on it.

Maybe it's like love. That just sounds too fuckin' corny, but maybe it is.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

Ain't nothin' wrong, man. It's exactly where you should be.



No comments:

Post a Comment