Sunday, November 28, 2010

This overactive imagination


My Thanksgiving long weekend is over. I get to be up for a couple more hours then I have to go to bed so I can wake up and go to work. Tuesday is payday and I'm very thankful. In three weeks I'll have the winter break, and then...

Hey, farmboy, why don't you just live for right now? You know, have a good, relaxing night.

I know, I know. It is so fuckin' hard. I've always lived in the future. I'm very aware of that. That, and that I've lived an awful lot of my life in fantasy. I mean, I know it's fantasy. I've always had this overactive imagination and I'm good at imagining. Real good.

It's a defense mechanism, farmboy.

What do you mean?

You've had to live in the future. You've had to make plans for your escape.

Huh?

Oh, you'll see, farmboy, you'll see. This music you make, that's the major part of it.

Now I am totally fuckin' confused.

I'm being vague, I know.

I do understand about the escape thing, though.

You escape through your music. And through your musical ambitions.

It's served me well. But I still don't understand...

You will.

Now about living in the present...

I will do that. But I'm still confused.

And that's okay. It really is, farmboy.

I feel like you're a couple of steps in front of me...

Well, farmboy, I am.

So guide me a little bit here, would you?

I am.

Anyway, you don't really have to think about any of this stuff yet.

So why did you tell me?

I thought you knew that your imagination is a defense mechanism.

I never thought about it.

Do you want to think about it?

I don't know. I feel like I might be jinxing things if I analyze them too much. I'm good at musical intuition. I don't know if I want to fuck with that.

That's understandable.

Let's see, Maybe I will want to analyze this stuff. I don't know.

I'll let you know if I do.

Fair enough, farmboy. It's your choice.

Yeah. Gotta remember that.




No comments:

Post a Comment