Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Favorite albums of 2010


It's time, farmboy.

Time? Time for what?

It's time for you to list your favorite albums of 2010.

My favorites? That's gonna be interesting, man. I can't afford to buy no fuckin' albums any more. I don't know if I've even heard ten albums this year.

Well, do five, then.

Okay, then. The big number one is High Violet by the National, which may be the only CD that I really surrendered to.

Number two? I guess that would be This is Happening by LCD Soundsystem. 'Cause James Murphy is always fascinating. And funny.

Three: Ali and Toumani by Ali Farke Toure and Toumani Diabate, from North Africa, Mali.

And then number four would be, um...

I told you I haven't heard much. I've been more concerned about my own music, my songwriting, this year.

So is this quits, then?

No, no, there's got to be...Okay, number four is The Suburbs by Arcade Fire. Which means number five has got to be The Age of Adz by Sufjan Stevens.

But, man, I'm leaving so much out, not to mention all the music I haven't heard this year. I haven't heard Mavis Staples' new album. and I love Mavis Staples. There's groups like the Local Natives and Surfer Blood and Freelance Whales that I love but I haven't heard their CDs. I haven't heard the new one by Kanye West, and that's supposed to be great.

I think it's great that you've been working on your music so much this year.

Thanks. I think so too. I also think it's pretty good when too much quality music is a problem, you know?



No comments:

Post a Comment