Friday, December 3, 2010

Pigsty


I did some work on cleaning up my apartment today. Man, what a fuckin' mess! It's like my father said: farmboy, you live in a pigsty. I can't believe I respect myself so little as to live some place that is the very definition of the word squalor. I mean, what the fuck is wrong with me? Huh? I'm so fuckin' pathetic! I don't see how...

farmboy!

Yes, sir!

Cut that shit out. Stop it.

It's hard.

I know. But you can do it.

Let me remind you of what you first said to me.

Huh?

"I did some work on cleaning up my apartment today."

In other words, farmboy, you took action. I'd like to see you giving yourself even just a little credit sometimes.

Are you reading that Malcolm Gladwell book yet?

I'm, like, a little more than halfway through.

What do you think?

It's really interesting. We'll have to discuss it when I'm finished. Which will be soon, it's pretty fast reading, this Outliers.

How about your apartment?

I've got too get this place clean. I mean, it's fuckin' ridiculous that I could even think of living in such a...

farmboy!

Okay, okay...



No comments:

Post a Comment