Saturday, December 18, 2010

I don't feel worthy sometimes


Winter break is here!

Yeah! So I've smoked weed for much of the day and then I went to play at the CD release for the compilation I'm on. Tomorrow's a birthday party for a friend of mine, and then the week after Christmas I'm gonna see a few friends. So cool, so fuckin' great.

So, I really did just come by to check in, to see how you are.

I'm good, farmboy. I love this time of year.

Me too. I like the lights, all the colors. I like playing instrumental Christmas songs on guitar. I like to see kids, my niece, my students.

So life is good.

So keep it up. Even though...I'm detecting a little sadness.

Um...I'm okay. I'm a little confused because I was given some money for a gig that I thought I had been paid for, so I don't know if it's extra or what or if I've forgotten something or what, but they really wanted to give it to me. I can use it, for buying Christmas presents for my brother and his wife and daughter.

Anyway...I'm good. I really am.

Really?

Oh, I get a little...how can I put this? I go to the coffeehouse and I see all these people and they all say nice things about me and to me and I don't feel worthy sometimes.

(dryly) What a surprise.

Oh, man, I know. But I also know not to make a big deal out of it. I know not to give it anymore attention than what it deserves.

So you move on.

Yeah. And I'm going to.

Good.

Hey, I've learned at least a couple things about myself. Gotta move on, that's what I'm gonna do.




No comments:

Post a Comment