Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wade in the chatter


How're you doing, farmboy?

You know, I'm okay. I'm kinda just roaming through this life,trying to wade in the chatter, you know, the thought in my head. Pisses me off. man. It ain't no fuckin' good. I've had this shit since I was a little kid, you know. When I try to do something good, like praying, or when I should be having good thoughts, the bad thoughts just come on in, take off their shoes, and make themselves comfortable. Just your, you know, obsessive-compulsive behavior.

Whoa, farmboy. How do you handle this?

I try to ignore it or not get it started. It's like a fuckin' race sometimes, but it doesn't interfere nearly as much as it used to.

Sounds terrible.

It is, man. It's demeaning. It's dehumanizing. It pisses me off big time, I tell you what.

But I've made progress, like, in the past year or six months or whatever. But, believe me, it takes practice.

Congratulations!

I wouldn't congratulate me so soon. It's a many-times-a-day struggle. And I struggle sometimes, believe me.

Jesus, this is beginning to sound like Alcoholics Anonymous or something, and this is nothing like that at all.

But, yeah, anyway. I'm just flyin' low through the static, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment