Friday, December 31, 2010

Ain't much of a drinkin' man


Hey farmboy? Answer me this: Should old acquaintance be forgot?

How the fuck should I know? And, for the record, it's auld.

So it's a little over two hours and change. What's up for New Year's Eve?

Oh, nothing, really. The nice thing about this time of year is that you get all those year-end music radio shows and lists and podcasts and you get to hear what some people think is the best music of the year.

Hey, wait. Excuse me.

(farmboy goes to cupboard, pulls out a small bottle of Kentucky bourbon.)

What's that, farmboy?

Whiskey. From Kentucky. Old Crow.

Isn't that a band?

That's Old Crow Medicine Show. They're a great band.

Anyway, I'm not much of a drinker... (passes a glass to the interviewer, who declines the offer.)

You go ahead, farmboy.

I ain't much of a drinkin' man...but what the hell...it's a fuckin' new year!

2011, here we come!

(farmboy opens the bottle and takes a swig.)

Man, that's...how do people drink this shit?

(the interviewer laughs)

Practice, farmboy, practice.

Maybe I'll just stick with weed.



No comments:

Post a Comment