Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The point is to just write


So, farmboy, tell me about these lyrics you write, the ones you've let me see.

You know, I've been letting you see stuff that I haven't rewritten at all, only first drafts. Some go on to become actual songs with arrangements and stuff. I showed you one a while back called "Snow" that became a song. So did "Imperfect Prayer." But those are only two. I know some of it...maybe even most of it...has not been any good, but that's not the point. The point is to just write.

Hey, why do you ask?

I was just thinking about one of the last set of lyrics you showed me, the lullaby song...

Yeah, that's called "Day is Over."

I was thinking that it would make a very nice song.

I'm working on that one, actually. I worked on it today. I'm glad you like it.

And, hey, thanks also for looking at my stuff. You're the only one I show it to, you know.

I know. And I'm pleased that you trust me enough to show me what you're writing while you're in the process.

And...I really like your writing. A lot.

Ah, thanks, man, that means the fuckin' world to me.

It's true, farmboy.

Oh, I'm not questioning anything, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment