Sunday, January 30, 2011

The "H" word


Hey, farmboy, how was the busy weekend?

Good, but busy. The comedy show Friday was really good. It had been years since I had been to a comedy club. I'm kinda amazed by stand-up, because they don't have a guitar to hide behind like singer/songwriter sorts do. Looks pretty terrifying to me. Stand up comedy, that is.

And you played last night...

Yeah, a benefit show for the coffeehouse. A night of sing-alongs...

A hootenanny!

Yeah, I guess. (laughs) You know, I got to be friends with these two folk music radio folks when I was a teenager and they hated hootenannies and that image and that word. It was the "H" word, you know.

But it was good. I led the audience in singing songs by the Band and the Carter Family, among others.

Hey, I'm at my brother's house and it's time for supper. Talk to you in the next couple days?

You got it, farmboy.

Cool, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment