Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tomorrow's gig


Haven't seen you around the last couple of days, farmboy. What's up?

I've been so fuckin' busy, man, with tomorrow's gig.

Are you nervous?

Not really. Had some good practice sessions, had a great rehearsal with the folks that are playing with me on a couple songs, I've had the set lists done since Wednesday morning. I've got new strings to put on the guitar, and...well, I'm hoping for a good show. I mean, I'm thinking it's gonna be a good show. I like the set lists, it's going to be pretty intimate since it's a house show.

Are you doing all your own songs?

All but one. I'm doing a song by a friend of my mine who passed away in, like, 2002, name Dave Carter. He was a brilliant songwriter. We shared the songwriters' stage at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival in Colorado. We were both competing in the Telluride Troubadour contest is 1996. Neither one of us won. The next year, however, he and his partner Tracy Grammer became real popular in the folk music world, and for good reason. They really were spectacular. Dave's songs will always be spectacular and Tracy is still spectacular. She's an amazing singer.

The song I'm doing of Dave's is "Cowboy Singer." Great tune.

So I'll come see you after the concert tomorrow, okay?

Hey, break a leg farmboy.

Well, maybe I won't go that far. But I am planning to have fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment