Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wishing it would snow


I never said I was anything much
and I always tell the truth

See, look, I'm trying to write, but nothing feels natural at all. I mean, the melody and rhythm in my head feels natural, but, man the lyrics are just so fuckin' hard. And, you know, I don't really even believe the words I'm writing...I mean I do, but...maybe, as Paul Simon once wrote, I think too much.

Maybe so, farmboy. Quick, give me a line or two! Don't think...

I am a lineman for the coun-teeee...

Very funny.

I am looking out the window
at the kids across the street
who are staring at the sky
and wishing it would snow

See? Was that so hard?

Yeah, but we'll see if it actually goes somewhere.

Just writing is good. You know that, farmboy.

I suppose I do, yeah.



No comments:

Post a Comment