Friday, January 7, 2011

Never good enough


Hey, man, I'm so sorry I haven't been around as much. I'm back to work and so I've been tired and my sister from California's in town and I had to meet today with a friend about an upcoming show and...let me see...Fuck, man, I guess I ain't got no excuses. I'm sorry.

Why are you apologizing, farmboy? People get busy. This week you're one of those people. Give yourself a break.

I give myself a break too often. I need to fuckin' get my shit together, man. Nothing I do is ever good enough...

farmboy! Stop that!

I try. Really. But I can't. It seems like all day long everything is a reminder of my failings, you know, and I never get done all the stuff I want to get done and it's never good enough...

Try this. Breathe...

That's what you always say.

So try it. Breathe deeply, from your stomach.

Like, from my diaphragm like I'm gonna sing?

Exactly like you're going to sing. Do that a few times.

(farmboy breathes deeply, holds it, and exhales a few times)

That's a little better. I don't feel as tense as before.

Good. Now finish up and then go to bed so you can sleep and recharge yourself for the weekend.

Really?

Really. You don't need stress, you need rest. You've worked all week and you deserve to rest and do things you enjoy.

Yeah? Can I smoke weed and play guitar?

It's your Friday night.

Yeah, it is. So that's what I'm gonna do. Hey, thanks, man.

No problem, farmboy.

Hey, see you tomorrow, man,



No comments:

Post a Comment