Sunday, January 16, 2011

Surprise. Serendipity.


Listen to this song. (turns up the radio) I like this: jangly guitar, scruffy kind of voice, harmonies.

Who is it?

I have no idea. We're gonna have to wait until the DJ comes on and hope he back-announces.

It's nice to hear something that you instantly like that's a surprise, eh, farmboy?

Oh, yeah, man, fuckin' A. I love that. Surprise. Serendipity. Something unexpected/ Yeah, yeah, I love that. I live for things like that.

Hey, I have a new addition to my little family.

Yeah? What's that, farmboy?

I'm buying a tenor ukulele for $60. $10 a month. Cool, huh?

Very cool. Are you enjoying it?

It's fun. I feel like such a cliche, playing the uke, because so many of the hipsters here in town play it. It's kinda become this hip thing, but that doesn't mean that it's not fun.

Hey, I think the radio announcer's about to talk.

(they listen)

The Parson Red Heads. Have you ever hear them before?

Not to my knowledge. Have you?

No, I haven't. I've heard that name, though. I think they might be local. I hope so, 'cause then that means I can maybe go see them.

You'll have to look them up on the internet.

That's exactly what I'm gonna do.




No comments:

Post a Comment