Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Writing as an obsession does pay off!


So I'm playing Sunday at a benefit house concert. (sheepishly) I'm the headliner.

Good for you, farmboy! Congratulations!

I'm just hoping there are people there. I made out the set lists today during a teacher training we were having at my job. Your tax dollars at work, man.

That's a lot of work.

You ain't fuckin' kidding, man. So I'm going over stuff, playing, drilling. It's good for me, I guess. I mean, it is a privilege to perform for people who are listening to you for an hour and a half.

An hour and a half?

Two 45-minute sets.

You'll have no problem filling that, farmboy.

Yeah. I'm actually aware of that. So writing as an obsession does pay off! Who woulda thunk it?

I'm going to a rehearsal tomorrow night and I'm taking Monday off work. This is important to me, but not in any kind of "nervous" way. It's just gonna be a relaxed, fun time. I don't want it to feel like I'm going in unprepared to a final exam. I hate that feeling. Like you're being sent to the guillotine or something. That just sucks, you know?

I'm looking forward to seeing you perform Sunday, farmboy.

You're gonna come? Hey, let me put you on the guest list, man.

It's a benefit. I want to pay.

Well...thanks, man. I hope you enjoy it. And if you don't...

Yes?

...just fuckin' lie to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment