Monday, March 5, 2012

Everything hinges on acceptance


So today's crisis is: I got the CD from the recording session and I have the hardest, most awful time with listening to my voice. I know that's normal, the having problems listening to yourself, but I really wonder if my voice, my singing, is really that bad. And I...

No, it's not.

No it's not what?

It's not that bad. You, like many people, have problems hearing yourself. In more than one way, I might add.

Yeah, yeah, I get what you're saying, man. But what can I do about it?

Just accept that that's your voice and just sing the best you can. That's really all you can do, farmboy.

That's not a lot of fuckin' help, man.

Maybe. But that's all I have to offer.

I was afraid of that. But, of course, you're right. Everything hinges on acceptance, in one way or another. Maybe. I haven't thought it through. But it sure sounds good, don't it?

Your singing sounds fine, farmboy. You have a very conversational style of singing, and it's very honest, which I know is important to you.

Well, the songs are honest. So it's natural for the communicating to be, also. You know?

I would, though, like to be better at little things like, say, pitch or rhythm.

That's just mechanics. You know how to work on that stuff.

I probably just need to stop worrying about it so much.

It couldn't hurt.

No, I guess not, man.




No comments:

Post a Comment