Friday, March 16, 2012

I ain't a fuckin' hermit, man


Well, I've blown it again.

What do you mean, farmboy?

It's another Friday night that I might have spent going to the coffeehouse, checking things out, being social, you know? But instead I stay at home and smoke weed and play guitar and listen to podcasts.

Which is fine. It's your free time. You've earned it.

Yeah, I know, but I'm losing touch with people and I've gotta start putting more effort into my relationships with my friends. I need friends. I may be antisocial but I ain't a fuckin' hermit, man.

I'm glad to hear you say that, farmboy. I worry about you isolating yourself too much...

Which I do...

It really is good for you to have friends.

You don't need to convince me. I know what it's like to be without friends and I know how damaging isolating myself can be. I start this obsessive thinking, you know, I think about death and the meaning of life. I think way too much about my past. I think I'm fuckin' obsessed about my past. Pisses me off.

So what are you going to do?

I'm going out tomorrow night to a friend's house. And I am looking forward to it. My friend is also in the process of making a CD so comparing stories will be fun. And maybe I'll visit the coffeehouse people this weekend.

Whatever you do, farmboy, have fun.

I will, thanks. I'm looking way forward to it, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment