Monday, March 26, 2012

In my own peculiar way


So I've been on spring break for, like, three days now. It's been good. I've been lazy. Smoked up all my hash. I love it but it's a good thing I don't have it very often.

Tomorrow I go into the studio to try to get some good, relaxed performances that I can later have people play on.

Overdubbing?

Yeah. It's all this process and if all goes well, this will be the final stuff I'm recording, as far as my performances go. Which is kinda weird, especially since there's so much more to do.

I go see my nephew tomorrow after the recoding is finished. Then I go back to the studio on Thursday and finish up my part of the recording.

Are you enjoying it, farmboy?

I'm not sure enjoy is the right word. Seems to me a lot of things you believe in are like that, don't you think? It's more like it's the right work to do, you know? Hopefully it will be satisfying. But fun? I'm not really fuckin' sure, if you want to know the truth. Man, sometimes I'm just amazed by just how much of my life has to do with instinct. It's like I'm just sorta fumbling out there, like a fuckin' insect or something.

But, you know, I'm doing it, I'm out there. I'm participating in real life in my own peculiar way, man.

It takes courage, farmboy.

There's no reason why I can't do this, man. The only thing standing in my way is me. And I won't stand in my own way for this CD, I won't.

So wish me luck, man. I'm going in.



No comments:

Post a Comment