Thursday, March 1, 2012

Energy and faith


Okay, so I started planning for the summer and it looks like I could make it financially with music if I work really hard.

Yeah? So what's new?

(laughs) It's actually newer than you think. The key is the "work really hard" part, because I'm afraid I'll get discouraged or lose faith or something and quit. And I don't want to be like that. I want to follow through with things, you know?

I know, farmboy.

It's just a fuckin' uphill struggle all the time and it pisses me off, man. But, well, it's like this CD. I have to follow through with it. I feel like I owe it to all the people who support me. Plus I owe it to myself, just for the creative experience. I've put a lot of energy and faith into this. I have to make it to the final conclusion.

So I need to work really hard. Like John Irving wrote, I need to get obsessed and stay obsessed. I need to have a strong belief in myself and in my songs.

I'm fuckin' workin' on it, man.

You are. You're a good worker, farmboy. You just need to believe in yourself.

Easier said than done, man.

But not impossible.

Yeah. Not impossible.



No comments:

Post a Comment