Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Talking because I can


It's finally happened, man. I'm speechless. I've run out of things to say. Words, they don't come to my beck and call the way they used to. It used to be so fuckin' easy, you know? Well, no more, no sir-ee-bob, I tell you.

What are you talking about, farmboy?

Nothin', man, I'm just blabbering away, just talking because I can.

Did you go to the studio today? How did the recording go?

Oh. That.

It was instructional. My nerves, my hands, my fuckin' insecurities, man, they just all came out to fuckin' play. I couldn't perform worth a shit and I've decided to go the way of click tracks and overdubbing my vocals and doing it the "correct" way. Oh well. I tried, man. And I'll try again in the future. But I needed to make a decision about now and that was the best decision I could make. 'Cause it's all about the songs. Everything must be in service to the songs.

Right.

(sighs) So I'm glad I learned about what is right for right now and what I need to do. Which is practice guitar parts, practice them with a metronome. So I can record the guitar parts separately, you know?

When do you start, farmboy?

Tomorrow.

You're a hard worker, farmboy. You'll do great.

Thanks, man. I appreciate that. I need that kind of confirmation.

Yeah, I'm gonna start the guitar stuff -- the drill, if you will -- tomorrow. And I will do fine because it's the one area of my life where I'm good at discipline, you know?

You're good at putting in the work. And that's the main ingredient.

In the recipe that is my life?

(laughs) Well, yes. Exactly.

I can't say I disagree, man.



No comments:

Post a Comment