Saturday, May 12, 2012

farmboy karaoke


Hey, man. Good to see you.


Good to see you too, farmboy. I'm glad you came by. I've been wanting to ask you how the CD project is going.


It's on a short pause right now, while I figure out what I'm doing and what I want. It's amazing to me how much fuckin' work goes into making a recording, you know? I've done about half of the guitar tracks, man, and I gotta tell you, it's hard to sing without playing the guitar. Or I guess I'm just now used to it yet. It feels real weird. It's like farmboy karaoke or something.


But with practice, you'll get it, farmboy. I have faith that you'll ace this. You're a hard worker.


Yeah, I just gotta fuckin' force myself to do it. Which I can do. I can be pretty disciplined when it comes to musical practice. I just wish it was more fun, that's all.


Speaking of music and fun, man, I am just so obsessed with the Band. It's funny, but after Levon Helm passed away I wanted to hear the Band and it's just grown into massive proportions. Which is a great thing. I've been listening to their self-titled album and their first record. Man, I just fuckin' love them. What an education, man!


Do you think all that listening will affect your upcoming CD?


I hope so. I can think of worse influences, you know? I'd love it if it would affect my vocals, you know? Make them more soulful.


Sounds great, farmboy. I'm glad to hear that you're listening to other music besides your own.


It's been really good, man. Really stimulating. They're a great band, The Band. I'm hoping it will loosen me up a little bit and help me to accept the, for the lack of a better word, uniqueness of my voice.


I'd like to see you accept your voice, too.


Thanks, man. I don't know if it's possible, but I'm sure trying.





No comments:

Post a Comment