Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I don't want to be a failure anymore


Man, I tell you, fuckin' work kicked my fuckin' ass today. Just a sonovabitch of a day, you know? I spent the entire day worrying about financial matters on top of it. I mean, give me a fuckin' break, right? Talk about a hopeless life, man, I am in the midst...


Hey, farmboy! Over here!


Huh?


Tell me the best part of your day.


Playing guitar and singing at home. Which...hey, thanks for asking! I'm feeling a little better now. It's amazing how that can bring you around, talking about music and guitar and stuff.


How's the CD coming, farmboy?


It's in a state of rethinking. I'm hoping it's not some form of semi-paralysis. There's no reason it has to be. But I need to know what I'm doing before I spend more money in the studio. This CD is hard, for some reason. Maybe because I really, really want it to be good. 


I think you'll find what you want, farmboy.


Man, I hope so. I don't want to be a failure anymore.


Who says you're a failure?


Um...I say I'm a failure. I mean, I just feel like a fuckin' loser all the time, man. And I don't want to be that way. And I don't have to be that way, you know?


I know.


Pisses me the fuck off. I can't make this CD thinking I'm a failure. Or a loser. I've got to change this stupid self-image shit I have. I can't keep it anymore.


What are you going to put in its place, farmboy?


Well, that, man...that's going to take some thinking. That's what, to quote Cat Stevens or whatever the fuck his name it, I'm on the road to find out.









No comments:

Post a Comment