Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I stood, I walked, I bent my knees


Busy day, man. Intense day. Here's the short version: I stood, I walked, I bent my knees. I did this in front of physical therapist and the intern and my wonderful friend Mary K., who flew out from Austin, Texas to see him.

Sounds like a big day, farmboy. Sounds like a good friend.

She's great. Really great. I worked with her in Austin, and she was the executive producer of my last CD. It was great to see her.

Now, I had stood before and I had walked with a walker before, but this was different. I was still apprehensive but I had been working on it for a few days. But also, my surgeon saw me at the rehab place as he was walking through and he gave the go-ahead to bend my knees a little while standing up in the walker.

Which is what you were having trouble with.

Yeah. So that made it so much easier and I got in and out of the walker over and over. And I walked to the window in the hall. It's like the fuckin' light in the tunnel, man. I ain't sure that I fuckin' believe it, but it's true.

That's amazing, farmboy. I am so happy for you. I am so proud of you. This is important, farmboy. Congratulations.

Thanks, man. I'm kinda overwhelmed by it all. Oh my God, it was kinda dramatic, like a movie or a TV show. I had sort of a hard time dealing with it, because it was so intense. But, man, it was so fuckin' great, just so fuckin' great. It is great. I'm gonna walk again, man.

Well, I never doubted it, farmboy. I knew you would.

I wasn't sure, man. I honestly didn't know. But it's happening, and I'm sorta afraid of it, but today happened, man. Today was real. This is fact.


No comments:

Post a Comment