Friday, April 22, 2016

Iowa city


the last time I saw this movie
I was stuck in Iowa city
staying at the hostel
with people 'round my age
I paid the admission
I had my guitar with me
I remember the commotion
when you took the stage

now, it was only a movie
on a technicolor screen
but you took complete control
of everything around 
I took you back with me
if you know what I mean
the midwest to California
I travelled to your sound

          I was young then
          naive and unaware
          you heard dreams and visions
          and I still had my hair
          I was young then
          with so many hopes and fears
          but I took you with me
          for the next thirty-odd years
          now you're gone
          now you're gone
          but I always will remember

I never knew what happened
how that journey came to be
escaping for a couple years
a history filled with pain
there was a longing for adventure
buried deep inside of me
I was taking full advantage
till the disease came around again

           but I was free then
           though I never thought I'd be
           I thought I didn't have
           any joy inside of me
           I was free then
           soon that feeling disappeared
           but I took you with me
           for the next thirty-odd years
           now you're gone
           now you're gone
           but I always will remember

          

No comments:

Post a Comment