Monday, April 18, 2016

old man with a white beard


there's an old man with a white beard
and he's looking right at me
with crooked glasses and skin of brown
and he doesn't like what he sees
he's got a freckled nose and goodwill clothes 
and says "I suppose nobody wants me"
and I walk away but in my dreams
I know that old man's face will haunt me

I don't like the way he talks
he's bitter and rude and phony
I bet he sticks a feather in his cap
and calls it macaroni
he's got a big old gut and I'll tell you what
he's the stick-it-to-you kind
and late at night when the moon is bright
I can't get him out of my mind

there's an old old man with a big white beard
and his words cut like a knife
I think he votes republican
and he's out to rule my life
there's an old old man with a big white beard
and he thinks he rules this town
and I swear to you one of these days
I'm gonna take that mirror down


No comments:

Post a Comment