Thursday, April 21, 2016

Life is just a party and parties weren't meant to last


Oh my God. Prince died.

What a surprise this was. I know he was one of your favorites, farmboy.

You know, he wrote my all-time favorite line in a song.

Which is...?

"Life is just a party and parties weren't meant to last."

I feel so fuckin' sad, man. Prince wasn't supposed to die. Not Prince. Fifty-seven fuckin' years old.

All those great songs...

I can't fuckin' believe this, man. I mean, I didn't know Prince, but...when it's someone who's touched you, someone who's music...You just kind of, well, it's sort of like you shared something on a deeper kind of level. It's music. I fuckin' feel like crying.

You know what I would say to Prince if he could hear me?

What, farmboy?

I would say thanks. Thanks for the party.


No comments:

Post a Comment