Saturday, May 14, 2016

A fuckin' red letter night


Well, man, my brother and his family have gone to Seattle to because my niece is singing the national anthem at a Seattle Mariners game with the school choir from Yakima. So it's just me here, wheelchair and walker and all.

What do you have planned for your big night of freedom, farmboy? 

I ordered out for pizza and I figured I would just watch TV and play guitar. The same old fuckin' shit but it's the good same old fuckin' shit.

You don't order out for pizza all that often, do you?

No, I don't. I haven't for quite a while, actually. Not since the accident. I've been dreaming about this day, man. Lying in hospital beds, fantasizing about the food I'm gonna eat once I'm out of the joint. And speaking of joints, I'm going to smoke weed tonight, too. It's a fuckin' red letter night, I tell you.

You deserve it, farmboy. It's been a long time coming.

Oh man, I've been thinking about this for so fuckin' long. Even though it's not that much different from other nights, except that I haven't ordered out for months, of course. I gave my brother some money and he bought me some weed last week. It's great to be able to smoke it, but I'm not sure I like going back to the every-night thing. I need to find something to replace it for some nights.

It's not bad here at my brother's. I just gotta work hard and do what the therapists direct me to do. I could be going home in a month, man. Imagine that.


No comments:

Post a Comment