Friday, May 6, 2016

So this is outside


So I'm here at my brother's house, walking in my walker, using an actual honest-to-God toilet, and there may even be a chance that I'll get to smoke weed tonight. Actually, I'm using a vaporizer, so I don't know if I'm really smoking weed. I'm doing whatever you're doing when you use a vaporizer.

So how's it going, farmboy? Do you feel comfortable there?

Probably more comfortable than I'd feel anywhere else, man. I hate putting people out or asking for favors or needing help of any kind.

What if your brother and his family needed you? What would you do?

I'd help, of course.

So maybe they don't feel as put out as you think.

I know, I know. It's mainly my own feeling of worthlessness or one of those fuckin' human emotions. Pisses me fuckin' off, man. I project a lot.

You do project a lot, farmboy. 

Yeah, I know I do. It's too bad, too. It's not always accurate, you know.

But I'm not doing too badly for, what, seven hours or so. I'm very grateful for being here. It's good to see natural light. The driver wheeled me out to the van to take me here this morning and I thought "So this is outside." Pretty nice, man.

Welcome to the outside world, farmboy.

It's good to be here, man. It's a little scary. But it's good to be here.


No comments:

Post a Comment