Monday, May 23, 2016

Progress has been made


So it looks like I will probably be going back to my apartment to live in a couple days. Three days, actually. Thursday, after my appointment with the surgeon who performed my surgery. 

And how are you feeling about that turn of events, farmboy. Do you think you're ready?

With help. I'll be continuing physical therapy for awhile at my apartment. My brother will have to help me with stuff like groceries, but I really don't want to overuse him. He's been great, amazing actually. But I really don't want to burn him out. Plus, I'm gonna have to eventually do all that living stuff independently.

But I think it'll be good. I'll just have to be cautious, which I have been anyway. It's funny, 'cause it's, like, the final destination on this journey, man. I mean, I still have a lot of work I have to do. I'm learning stairs now and I'm gonna have to learn how to get in and out of vehicles. Not to mention that I'm using a walker, man. I think it may be a little while before I can walk by myself without a walker or a cane.

 From what I've seen, farmboy, it looks like you've learned your lessons well. You've listened to your therapists and doctors and you've put those lessons to good use. 

Thanks, man, I appreciate that. I'm pretty pleased with my improvement, I'll tell you that. You know, this whole experience has largely been a fuckin' drag, but it feels so good that progress has been made. It really does.

You should stop for a minute, farmboy, and be proud of yourself. You've accomplished a lot. Pat yourself on the back. Be proud of yourself.

I am, but only for a minute. I still got a whole fuckin' lot to do. And I gotta address the money and job situations. 

But you're right. I'm on the way to being proud. That's new territory for me, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment