Monday, May 9, 2016

I peed standing up


It's Monday and I've finished my first weekend at my brother's house.

How's it been, farmboy?

Well, it's a transition, you know? Lots of stuff to learn, lots of tiny challenges that feel like big challenges at the time. I peed standing up for the first time today, I took my first shower here. My brother helped me get ready for it, but I've been getting more and more independent with a lot of things.

Excellent, farmboy. Have the therapists visited you yet? 

One has, mostly just to see how I'm doing with all this walking and shit. It went well, very well. She said that my goal of moving back to my apartment in a month or so should be doable. That will be, like, the final transition.

I bet that'll feel good.

I think it'll feel fuckin' great, man. Not that it's bad here. It's not bad, not bad at all. But there's nothing like being in your own place. I want to go home, smoke weed, order pizza, play guitar. Even though, actually, I can do that this weekend when my brother and his wife and daughter go up to Seattle for the weekend.

Party time?

I don't know about that, but it'll be my first real amount of time alone since the accident. I'm really looking forward to it.

It'll probably have some challenges of its own, farmboy.

I'm sure it will. Everything does, especially lately. But I'll be fine. I know what to do in case of an accident. I've been learning stuff for the past three months, you know? It'll be good, man.


No comments:

Post a Comment