Thursday, September 15, 2016

Brian 2, the fuckin' sequel


How was meeting your new therapist, farmboy?

It had been such a hard fuckin' day, man. Every single fuckin' little thing goes wrong, just like it seems to do a lot lately. Or they. Or what-fuckin'-ever.

So I arrive at the therapist's office 15 minutes late. Of course. So I meet him. Very different from the picture on his website, not that it matters. I kinda don't like seeing pictures of potential therapists on line, 'cause that's not what I'm looking for and I don't want physical appearance to influence me.

Anyway, he was nice but very business-like. Very well organized. Which are not bad things. I just hope it's not all about business but also about...well, it would be nice to have a little compassion, a little understanding. I seem to need that.

Especially right now?

Especially right now. I've been pretty fuckin' fragile for a while, man.

So this guy, Brian 2...

Brian 2?

Brian 2, the fuckin' sequel. His name is Brian, just like the last therapist. Choice number two, the psychiatrist that doesn't do therapy, his name is Brian also. Maybe if my parents had named me Brian I'd actually have a real profession.

I hope he's good. I like how he's so down to business, but I also don't like it. Which is kind of unreasonable on my part, because it is his business. Literally.

He seems very thorough, he's got that going for him. I also like how he kind of takes charge, though I also have problems with that, too. But it all makes sense. I think that's just his way of working.

Do you have any future appointments booked with him, farmboy?

Next Wednesday, 11 a.m. One bus ride. No transfers. And there's a weed dispensary and my favorite Thai take-out place. I recommend the pad see eu with beef.


No comments:

Post a Comment