Monday, September 26, 2016

get yourself a gun


there are those too proud to listen
to any sentences you say
who believe in giving orders
and it's you who must obey
here is something I have learned
and I'm going to tell you, son
if you're wanting their attention
get yourself a gun

people will call you sir
instead of your family name
people's eyes pass over
when they're looking to place blame
people just might notice you
when their lives might be undone
and you'll get noticed, too
when you get yourself a gun

one night I was desperate
about as low as I could be
I called suicide prevention
but they had no time for me
one day I'll show up at their doorstep
and show them who's number one
you need some mental services?
get yourself a gun

some night in total darkness
you're gonna hear the voices
the ones that tell you what to do
and offer you no choices
you'll look into the mirror
and know your time is done
and you'll be glad you went ahead
and got yourself a gun


No comments:

Post a Comment