Thursday, December 8, 2016

And say please and thank you


So I'm  supposed to talk to my therapist in less than half an hour. He's doing, like, a check-in call with me.

That's new. Why is he giving you a check-in call, farmboy? 

Because I'm going through another one of my episodes, man. Damn it. Fuckin' mental illness. 

I've had two sessions in the last two days and I've spent half the time in tears. Just fuckin' sobbing, man. I fuckin' hurt so badly...

I know, farmboy, I know...

But enough over-emotionalizing, okay? What am I gonna say to the therapist?

Tell him the truth. Tell him what's happening, Tell him if you had to take any anti-depression medicine. tell him if there's any risk of self-harm. If you're just depressed or anxious, tell him that. Just be honest. No performing. No exaggerating or romanticizing your pain. Tell him how you're feeling, but be aware that this is just a call and not an actual therapy session. So, basically, let him know if you're in trouble or not. And say please and thank you. 

Okay, stick to the facts. That should be easy.

Hang in there, pal.

Thanks, man. 'll do the best I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment