Sunday, December 4, 2016

cheap tequila


I'll be your sweet baby
bring the bottle to my mouth
trouble's rising higher
while my brain is heading south
I gotta leave that cheap tequila alone
just the thought of last night
makes me shiver and squirm
when I see the empty bottle
and wonder who ate the worm
gotta leave that cheap tequila alone

          oh baby, won't you
          give me some more
          I've always enjoyed
          waking up on the floor
          don't need no glass, honey,
          no need to pour
          I'll just drink it straight out of yours

I'm a pretty nice fella
I got a nasty side too
ain't it great
what a little clean living will do
I gotta leave that cheap tequila alone
I'm just a hick-town farmboy
ain't no man of means
I'm living by the seat 
of these dusty old jeans
gotta leave that cheap tequila alone

          oh baby, 
          I'm broke as a broken bone
          I get paid next Friday
          can you spare me a loan?
          and by the way
          I'll need a ride back home
          or can I spend the night with you

I'll be your sweet baby
bring the bottle to my lips
watch out for my
wandering fingertips
I gotta leave that cheap tequila alone
hey, where you going?
don't walk away
my glass is empty
and there's a bill to pay
and I don't have your number
on my telephone
time to leave that cheap tequila alone
gotta leave that cheap tequila alone


No comments:

Post a Comment