Monday, December 19, 2016

I wait 3


I wait
for that time of the morning
after the postman 
goes on his way
so I 
can open the mailbox
see that it's empty
and continue my day
I'm ain't saying I'm used to rejection
but natural selection
has tricks up its sleeve
I always have to throw a wrench in
the dumbest direction
you wouldn't believe

I wait
for the faintest of smiles
nods of approval
pats on the head
I may
as well have been born a puppy
I need someone to love me
but they ignore me instead
I just might trust life
maybe
if only
I wasn't so lonely
and scared to be me
maybe I need someone to show me
at least try to know me
I ain't as bad as I seem

I wait
for life to come take me
I hope it doesn't mistake me
for somebody else
my hair's turned gray
and I ain't getting no younger
but I still have this hunger
so I'll be here as long as it takes
I'm hoping that it's not too late
I wait


No comments:

Post a Comment