Friday, December 16, 2016

I wait 2


I wait
for that time of the morning
after the postman 
goes on his way
so I 
can open the mailbox
see that it's empty
and continue my day
I'm ain't saying I'm used to rejection
but natural selection
has tricks up its sleeve
I always have to throw a wrench in
the dumbest direction
you wouldn't believe

I wait
for the faintest of smiles
nods of approval
pats on the head
I may
as well been born a puppy
I need someone to love me
but they ignore me instead
I just might trust life
maybe
if only
I wasn't so lonely
and scared to be me
maybe I need someone to show me
at least try to know me
I ain't as bad as I seem

I wait
for life to come take me
I hope it doesn't mistake me
for somebody else
'cause I
I need some attention
a little affection
somebody to help
to help me before it's too late, now
I'd appreciate
it if you were kind
sometimes I think it's my fate, now
that I always head straight 
to the end of the line

I wait
with my fingers a-tappin'
I want something to happen
that's been there all along
my hair's turned gray
and I ain't getting no younger
but I still have this hunger
so I guess for as long as it takes
I'll wait



No comments:

Post a Comment