Wednesday, December 7, 2016

handful of people


he said 
"ain't much more
than a handful of people
gonna miss me when I'm gone
I give them a couple days
then they'll just carry on
some might cry for a day
at the most, maybe two
maybe two-and-a-half
from sweet Mary Sue
but then there's fences to mend
chores to do
and everything will be back
to normal"

he said:
"I have outlived 
my usefulness
I contribute not one thing
I don't have
a pot to piss in
I don't have 
a damn song to sing
all I own 
are faded dreams
badly intended
big money schemes
and no fuckin' idea
what my life really means
nothing I ever did really matters"

he said:
"now, don't you go on
telling your mother
but I ain't long for this earth
sometimes a man
takes more than he gives
sometimes a man has no worth
and sometimes a man
knows what he has to do
I've been making some plans
for the last month or two
soon I'll be somewhere
with nothing to do
but you'll still have the memories"

he said
"ain't no more
than a handful of people
gonna miss me when I'm gone


No comments:

Post a Comment